IA2 staff are super excited to see folks at the upcoming American Indian Elders Conference in Reno, Nevada. They are offering several trainings and events that require pre-registration. They are sharing information about other events in advance so you can start planning your conference week now!
IA2 sponsored training sessions include:
- Native Elder Caregiver Curriculum Training for Professionals (1-day training on Sunday; not dementia-specific) is a pre-conference workshop held all day Sunday
- Dementia Friends Information Sessions for elders, caregivers, and tribal community members (1-hour)
- Dementia Friends Champion is a culturally adapted workshop training and certification (4-hour trainings on new culturally adapted content)
- Daily listening sessions Monday-Wednesday with gift cards for elder, caregiver and professional participants on information needs for Alzheimer’s disease, dementia and brain health
- Sign-ups for Photo Sessions for Individuals, Families, Partners, and Tribal Staff at Conference Registration (limited session times available)
- Dementia wandering session
- Plenary session on Healthy Brain activities and more
Pre-registration for the Sunday Native Elder Caregiver Curriculum training is required. There is a limit of 25 participants for this course. Dementia Friends Champion training and Community Information Sessions pre-registration is preferred to ensure enough workbook materials are printed, but not required.